Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport needed to improve workforce management and increase efficiency when reporting breakdowns, unforeseen incidents and send for help when and where needed.
- Lack of effective communication between staff members working in the terminal and those working on the airfield.
- Lack of communication tools that allowed for groups between departments (Cleaning, IT, Ramp Loading, Ramp Coordinator, Cabin Service, Cargo Hub, Cargo Handling, Emergency, Engineering, Flight Operations, Transport Control, Medi Care, Mobile Radio on Airfields, Passenger Service). Total group calls – 19.
- Poor coverage in both the old and new airport terminals.
AtComm implemented an intrinsically safe Motorola digital 2-way radio system to allow for instantaneous and clear voice communication between airport employees and departments namely:
- 125 Digital Portable Radios DP4800.
- 20 Digital Mobile Radios DM4600.
- 6 Digital Repeaters DR3000.